- Getting Started
- Pinning Activities
- Bulk update
- Managing Duplicate Records
- Basic Navigation
- Key setup steps
- Additional setup steps
- Configuring Dropdown Lists
- Creating New Records
- Tips & Tricks
- Using the Kanban View
- Using the Map View
- Advanced Filters
- Setting Up Grid Layouts
- Show and Hide Columns
- Open or Edit Existing Records
- Syncing Your Accounting System
- Setting up your CSV file for Import
- View Details on Map Pins
- Change the Column order
- Company Information
- Filter Map Records
- Sorting Records
- Export data
- Import Data from Excel or CSV
- Colourise Map Records
- Filtering Records
- Set Up Security Groups
- Invite Other Users
- Connect Outlook
- Connect to Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor
- Set up your Sales Pipeline
- Set Up Other Reference Data
- Configure Online Quoting
- View Reports and Dashboards
- Connect Burst SMS
- Viewing Tags
- Adding and Editing Tags
- Sorting and Filtering with Tags
- CRM Integrations
- Connecting Stripe
- Novum Networks
- Payment Gateways
- Google Maps
- Customer Portal
- Connecting with BurstSMS
- Connecting with Campaign Monitor
- Connecting with eWay
- Connecting with Ezidebit
- Connecting with Machship
- WooCommerce integration settings
- Connecting with Mailchimp
- Connecting with WooCommerce
- Customer Portal for customers
- Installing Inbox Insights
- Syncing Your Outlook Emails, Calendar & Contacts
- Troubleshooting the Outlook Add-In
- WooCommerce integration
- Setting Up Emails
- Jobs, Assets & Service Management
- Products, Inventory & Pricing
- Sales Pipeline
- Shipping & Freight
- System Settings
- Workflow Management
- Quoting & Selling
Setting up your Burst SMS integration will allow you to send SMS messages from within the CRM. Burst SMS has a 98% open rate and is great for marketing and communication with customers and clients.
Tall Emu customers get a preferential rate signing up with Burst SMS.
- You can sign up at this link: https://tallemu.transmitsms.com/register
- You can login to manage your account here: https://tallemu.transmitsms.com/
- When you login to Burst SMS, go to Settings and scroll down to API Settings.
- Type a small amount of text in the API Secret and write it down, you’ll need this for the next step. Make sure you follow the prompts to update your profile details so they save successfully.
- Log back into Tall Emu and head to Main Menu, then select Connections from the Admin menu.
- Once the connections module opens, locate Burst SMS and click Activate.
- Using the details obtained from Burst SMS in the first step to fill out the required fields in Tall Emu.
- Click Finish.
You can add mobile numbers two ways:
- Automatically – once you have entered your API details, click the Get Numbers button to import your existing numbers from Burst SMS, you can then select a number from the list that has populated in the Send From Number field.
- Manually – you can add numbers to the Add Phone Number field and then click on the phone button at the end of the field – this number will now appear on the list in the Send From Number field.
You have the choice to enter a real mobile number (in which case any replies will go directly to that number) OR to write characters (e.g. “Company Name”) which will appear as the sender when a recipient receives the SMS. If you choose this option, recipients will not be able to reply to messages you send.
Burst SMS is able to send text messages both domestically and internationally.
Where you can send an SMS to will depend on your Burst SMS account.
Please contact Burst SMS for more information on this.