- Getting Started
- Basic Navigation
- Automated Workflows
- Record Tabs
- Bulk uploading images
- Bulk update
- Pinning Activities
- Tips & Tricks
- Additional setup steps
- Key setup steps
- Show and Hide Columns
- Setting Up Grid Layouts
- Advanced Filters
- Using the Map View
- Using the Kanban View
- Creating New Records
- Configuring Dropdown Lists
- Managing Duplicate Records
- Open or Edit Existing Records
- Change the Column order
- Setting up your CSV file for Import
- Syncing Your Accounting System
- View Details on Map Pins
- Filter Map Records
- Company Information
- Sorting Records
- Colourise Map Records
- Filtering Records
- Import Data from Excel or CSV
- Export data
- Set Up Security Groups
- Invite Other Users
- Connect Outlook
- Connect to Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor
- Set up your Sales Pipeline
- Set Up Other Reference Data
- Configure Online Quoting
- View Reports and Dashboards
- Connect Burst SMS
- Viewing Tags
- Adding and Editing Tags
- Sorting and Filtering with Tags
- CRM Integrations
- Connecting Stripe
- Setting Up Emails
- Google Maps
- Novum Networks
- WooCommerce integration
- WooCommerce integration settings
- Customer Portal for customers
- Customer Portal
- Payment Gateways
- Connecting with BurstSMS
- Troubleshooting the Outlook Add-In
- Syncing Your Outlook Emails, Calendar & Contacts
- Installing Inbox Insights
- Connecting with WooCommerce
- Connecting with Mailchimp
- Connecting with Machship
- Connecting with Ezidebit
- Connecting with eWay
- Connecting with Campaign Monitor
- Jobs, Assets & Service Management
- Products, Inventory & Pricing
- Sales Pipeline
- Shipping & Freight
- System Settings
- Workflow Management
- Quoting & Selling
As well as being able to import data into CRM, you can also quickly export data from CRM into an Excel Spreadsheet.
To do so, click on the Excel icon in the top right corner of CRM.
Then select the Export To Excel option. Your download will commence automatically (if it doesn’t your browser may be blocking the download).
Choose what to export
The columns and records you have in the current view are what will be exported. For example, in my current view in companies I have 5 columns and 75 records.
When I click the export button, the same 5 columns and 75 records are exported to Excel.
Note that you do not need to select records either individually or in-bulk to export them; everything in the current view will be exported.
If you want to refine the data you are exporting:
- Use the column chooser to add more columns to your view.
- Create or apply a Layout to show specific columns quickly.
- Use searches or Filters to show only specific records.
Reimport data to update records in bulk
If you want to update record values in bulk, you can export the data to Excel and then reimport it into CRM. We have a guide on how to import your data here.
Note that for small batches of data you can use the bulk update tool.
If you can’t see the Excel button it could be because:
- You do not have export permission – please contact your system administrator.
- Export is not available in that area of CRM.
If your download doesn’t automatically start, it could be because your browser is blocking it.
In some instances only the ‘top-level’ of data can be exported. For example:
- If I wanted to export a list of Sales Orders, I could export all the details about the quotes, but this would not include the items listed on the quote or any associated records like Activities, shipments or returns.
- If I exported a list of Opportunities, I could export the core details, but this would not include associated records like Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices, Payments, Products, Activities etc.