- Getting Started
- Using the Kanban View
- Search, sort and report
- System Admin in CRM
- Automated Workflows
- Record Tabs
- Bulk uploading images
- Bulk update
- Pinning Activities
- Tips & Tricks
- Additional setup steps
- Key setup steps
- Show and Hide Columns
- Setting Up Grid Layouts
- Advanced Filters
- Using the Map View
- Managing Duplicate Records
- Creating New Records
- Basic Navigation
- Configuring Dropdown Lists
- Open or Edit Existing Records
- Setting up your CSV file for Import
- Syncing Your Accounting System
- View Details on Map Pins
- Change the Column order
- Filter Map Records
- Company Information
- Sorting Records
- Filtering Records
- Import Data from Excel or CSV
- Export data
- Colourise Map Records
- Set Up Security Groups
- Invite Other Users
- Connect Outlook
- Connect to Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor
- Set up your Sales Pipeline
- Set Up Other Reference Data
- Configure Online Quoting
- View Reports and Dashboards
- Connect Burst SMS
- Viewing Tags
- Adding and Editing Tags
- Sorting and Filtering with Tags
- CRM Integrations
- Connecting Stripe
- Setting Up Emails
- Google Maps
- Novum Networks
- WooCommerce integration
- WooCommerce integration settings
- Customer Portal for customers
- Customer Portal
- Payment Gateways
- Connecting with BurstSMS
- Troubleshooting the Outlook Add-In
- Syncing Your Outlook Emails, Calendar & Contacts
- Installing Inbox Insights
- Connecting with WooCommerce
- Connecting with Mailchimp
- Connecting with Machship
- Connecting with Ezidebit
- Connecting with eWay
- Connecting with Campaign Monitor
- Jobs, Assets & Service Management
- Products, Inventory & Pricing
- Sales Pipeline
- Shipping & Freight
- System Settings
- Workflow Management
- Quoting & Selling
The key to successfully importing data into the CRM is to set up your input file correctly. The below guidelines will help make this process easy. You should also refer to our dedicated guide on how to import data into CRM.
If you’re using an Excel spreadsheet, the first step will be to convert this into a CSV format. This can be achieved by:
File -> Save As -> Format/Type = CSV (comma delimited).
The first row of the file must be a header row that defines the columns in the data sheet. This will be the column that lets the CRM match your data to the fields in our system. Our import system will automatically map header row values that it recognises – e.g. First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Part Number, Mobile, Email, Phone etc.
If you need any assistance with this process, please send us an email at [email protected].
Please ensure that you pay attention to the following
Imports will be unsuccessful if certain data conditions are not met, as follows:
- All columns must have a header (no blank cells in the header row). Download our import templates to avoid this happening (see below for how to do this).
- There are NO duplicate header names (e.g. use ‘Physical Address’ and ‘Postal Address’ rather than two columns with the header ‘Address’). Be sure to also split any address fields into their respective components rather than one singular address.
- Avoid using special characters (in particular commas and apostrophes).
- Ensure that any prices do not have a ‘$’ symbol in the cell – the values need to be numeric only.
- Ensure that if you are importing values to populate dropdown lists, the values already exist in CRM already. If the values are not already present, you can add them to certain fields from Admin > Settings – please see this guide for more information on how to customise dropdown field values.
- Ensure any contact name fields are separated into ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’ rather than simply ‘Name’.
- Ensure you have minimum values present to create a new record e.g. if you do not have a ‘First Name’ you will not be able to create a new Contact, if you do not have a ‘Company Name’ you will not be able to create a new Company, if you do not have an Opportunity ‘Name’ you will not be able to create a new Opportunity etc.
- Ensure that fields adhere to their field type:
- Yes/No (Boolean) fields: should be coded with only 1 or 0 values where 1 = YES and 0 = NO or 1 = TRUE and 0 = FALSE or 1 = ACTIVE and 0 = INACTIVE.
- Date fields: should be converted into a format that is NOT country specific (g. 31-March-2020).
Please ensure you only upload data within the correct screen. For example, if you have company and contact data in one CSV file please split the data and import it in the respective modules of the CRM. The modules which allow for CSV data import are:
Download an import template from CRM
If you need guidance on upload format, we offer CSV templates that you can use to organise your data. These can be found by clicking the small Excel icon in the top right and then selecting Download Import Template from the area that you want to import data into.