MYOB Syncing Pre-Requisites
In order to successfully connect to MYOB, there are a few set up criteria that need to be confirmed before initial connection.
- 1. You must ensure you are using the cloud version of MYOB AccountRight (not Essentials or Premier or any other version of MYOB).
- 2. The user log-in you use for connection must have full administrator access permissions for the sync to be successful.
- 3. You need to ensure that the user has authority to log on. In MYOB, make sure the box beside “This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account (Recommended)” is checked.
If you’re still unable to connect with MYOB after following the steps above, we recommend creating a new MYOB user for CRM.
- 1. In MYOB navigate to the Users menu and select New User.
- 2. Ensure the box beside “This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account” is checked.
- 3. Enter the name (TallEmuCRM) and an email for the user.
- 4. Ensure the box beside ‘Administrator’ is checked at minimum.
- 5. Click Save & Invite User, then follow the prompts to accept the invitation and log in.
Successful Initial Import
Once a successful connection has been established, your initial import will begin automatically. A few things to note for the import:
- 1. The first import brings in all data. There is no way to manually select the data that is imported from MYOB.
- 2. We create a user record within CRM for every employee in MYOB. If you’d like an employee to be able to login to the CRM, correctly set their email address in CRM and send them an invitation. More information can be found on adding users HERE.
- 3. If you’re concerned about permissions and data access, you can set individual or team-based restrictions/permission levels by following the instructions HERE.